Juniors have some great activities and learning opportunities this year! Check it out ....
ACKCSC Junior Showmanship Benefits
The American Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club has various scholarships, stipends and other benefits available to support its Cavalier Junior Handlers.
In 2014, the ACKCSC created four new scholarships/stipends for our Cavalier Junior Handlers to help reward Cavalier Junior Handlers academic achievements and maintain their enthusiastic interest in the sport of purebred dogs. The scholarship will help our Cavalier Junior Handlers outside of dog shows in higher education. The stipends recognize and support our Cavalier Junior Handlers achievements in the Junior Showmanship ring. Find out more about these scholarships & stipends here.
And there's more! Juniors have become a special part of our National Specialty, including:
• Top 10 Awards: An ACKCSC Rosette and certificate be presented to The Top 10 Cavalier Jrs (ACKCSC Statistics) each year at the National Specialty.
• No entry fees for Junior Showmanship classes at the ACKCSC National Specialty Show.
• Junior Seminar All are welcome to attend with their Cavalier during National week. This fun and educational event gives Juniors the opportunity to learn and connect with other Cavalier Juniors from around the country.
• Help the Charitable Trust: Juniors can help with the Charitable Trust Auction & Banquet and meet our members and guests.
Wondering How to Show in Juniors Competition?
Reminders: The only requirements for AKC "Juniors Dogs" are:
• Spayed and neutered specimens are eligible for competition
• Each dog must be owned or co-owned by the Junior Handler or by the Junior Handler's father, mother, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, grandfather, or grandmother, including the corresponding step and half relations, or by a permanent member of the Junior Handler's household!
• Dogs may be PAL/ILP, Full-, or Limited-Registered.
• You don't have to have a junior handling number to compete, but if you'd like to be included in junior ranking statistics, here's the link to AKC's application for a junior handling number.
Check out the ACKCSC.ORG website for more information!